Cultivating Knowledge in Mommy's Garden

Following the adventures of two little girls and their mommy, as they learn and create together!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Beginning the Journey

I have always wanted to homeschool, before I had my darling children, before I got married, all the way back to when I was in school and wished for something different. 
Now that I have kids of my own, and the oldest is nearing "school" age, it is time to put all my half-way plans into action, to get serious, and start planning our homeschool adventures!  One of my 2011 Plans/Goals is preparing a weeks worth of lesson plans per week, not preparing them the week I'm doing them, but to prepare in advance a weeks lesson plan.  I think I've done a pretty good job, seeing as it's only the third week of the year, and I've already done way more than three weeks worth of planning.  I think the trouble I'm going to have, is limiting what I want to work on to not overwhelm the kids.  I've found many resources on the internet that I want to utilize, and lots of blogs to read through to get ideas. 
There are so many things that can be used as learning opportunities, I can't wait to share all of them with my girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment