Cultivating Knowledge in Mommy's Garden

Following the adventures of two little girls and their mommy, as they learn and create together!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Starting the School Year

I seriously cannot believe that it is the second week of August already!  Since we've been traveling and schooling on the road for the last 5 weeks, I haven't really "planned" what we are going to do this school year.  There are many topics that the girls want to study, the list so far includes dinosaurs, fairies and mermaids.  We are going to finish up with our Ocean theme this month (August) and then worry about moving on.  Other August projects include finishing up our fair entry projects and maybe making a framework for what our goals will be for the school year.
One think that I did accomplish for getting ready was to box up all of last school years work and projects and get my new folders labeled for the weeks of this school year.  Schooling year-round definitely has it's benefits, but I'm beginning to realize that one big downside is that I'm so busy teaching and working on current things that I haven't had time to sit down and think about the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment